Dr. Jim Van heusden has a unique background, combining his expertise derived from a successful drug discovery career within Janssen with a successful venture capital track record within Gimv.
He now offers:
(non-)executive chairman/director services
fundraising for biotech companies and life science funds
- for CEO's – corporate strategic and fundraising advice, BoD support
- for companies – fundraising strategy, fundraising and strategic optionality, business development
- for family offices – portfolio management, due diligence (private, public, funds)
- for fund managers – fundraising, fund structuring, fund reporting
- for tech transfer – translating science into business, fundraising
- for venture capitalists – due diligence and portfolio management
He currently serves on the Board of Aprea Therapeutics (US).
Dr. Jim Van heusden worked as a Partner at Gimv from 2001-2013 focusing on investments in Life Sciences.
Former investments and BoD representation: Ablynx (Belgium), ActoGeniX (Belgium), Ambit Biosciences (USA)(acquired by Daiichi Sankyo), Antisoma (UK), ChemoCentryx (USA), CropDesign (acquired by BASF), Fovea Pharmaceuticals (acquired by Sanofi-Aventis), Hypnion (acquired by Eli Lilly), Movetis (acquired by Shire), Memory Pharmaceuticals (acquired by Hoffmann-La Roche), Multiplicom (Belgium), Nereus Pharmaceuticals (USA), Pronota (Belgium)(acquired by MyCartis), Prosensa (The Netherlands), Plexxikon (acquired by Daiichi Sankyo), and Santhera Pharmaceuticals (CH).
Prior to Gimv, he was working as a senior scientist at the department of Oncology Drug Discovery at Janssen Pharmaceutica, a Johnson & Johnson company, where he also served on the research management committee of the collaboration with Rigel Pharmaceuticals (US).
He holds BSc and MSc degrees in chemistry and biochemistry from the University of Antwerp (Belgium) and a PhD in molecular and cellular biology from the University of Maastricht (The Netherlands).